News & Events
Creative Session: Mentors & Apprentices
We all know how valuable an incredible mentor can be. But what about the value of an apprentice to a mentor? Today in the world of advertising, the learning curve is more like a circle with both the young stars and veterans learning from one another. Please join us at the 2:00pm panel as we discuss how we can all work together to create the best campaigns possible.
Mentors & Apprentices: The Learning Curve Is Now More Like A Circle The basic principles of advertising aren't much different now than they were when that first red triangle was stamped onto a keg of Bass Ale in the 19th century. It’s easy to see how 21st-century technology is changing the way we go about employing those basics, but what effect is it having on the mentor-apprentice relationship? Industry veterans have a lock on the principals, but the young creatives they’re hiring are starting their careers better informed and more prepared than ever before—and most likely better versed than their bosses in the technology they’ll be using. This panel will examine this shift in the knowledge dynamic, and how it's creating a synergy where everyone has something to learn and everyone has something to offer.
1. Whitney Fishman, Senior Director of Innovation & Consumer Technology - MEC Global
2. “Pops” KV Sridhar, Chief Creative Officer India Sub Continent - Leo Burnett
3. Jesse Missad, Director, Connected Platforms: Mobility & Device - PHD NY
4. Jimmy Smith, CEO & Chief Creative Officer - Amusement Park Entertainment
5. Rich Greco, Head of Design - Droga5
6. Raymond Braun, YouTube Marketing Manager - Google
Moderator: Michael Schiferl, Executive VP/Director of Media Relations - Weber Shandwick